What is RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment?
RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil is a colorless liquid medication containing 2% minoxidil for use only on the top of the scalp to help regrow hair in women.
Who may use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment?
RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil may be appropriate for you if you are an adult who is at least 18 years old and experiencing gradually thinning hair or gradual hair loss on the top of the head. The common hereditary thinning or hair loss process begins slowly and may become noticeable only after years of gradual loss.
RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil has been shown to regrow hair in women with the degrees of hair loss shown. If women have more hair loss than shown, RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil may not work.
Many of those experiencing hair loss have other family members with gradual thinning hair or hair loss. If you have no family history of gradual thinning hair or gradual hair loss, or hair loss is patchy, talk to your doctor
Who should NOT use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil for Women?
- RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil will not prevent or improve hair loss related to pregnancy, the use of some prescription and on-prescription medications, certain severe nutritional problems (very low body iron, excessive vitamin A intake), the recently discounted use of birth control pills, low thyroid states (hypothyroidism), chemotherapy, or diseases which cause scarring of the scalp.
- Do not use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil if hair loss is patchy as shown.
- RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil should not be used on babies or children under 18 years old.
- Do not use 2% Minoxidil if you are not sure of the reason for your hair loss.
Also, RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil will not improve hair loss due to:
- Damage from the use of hair care product which cause scarring or deep burns of the scalp.
- Hair grooming methods such as cornrowing or ponytails which require pulling the hair tightly back from the scalp.
Will Women’s RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil work for me?
The amount of hair regrowth is different for each person. Not everyone will respond to RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil. The response to RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil cannot be predicted. It is unlikely anyone will be able to grow back all their hair. However, to see your best results with RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil, make sure you get the medicine directly to the scalp and apply it twice a day, every day. You may get better results if you have been losing your hair for a short period of time or have little hair loss. However, for some women RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil may not work.
In clinical studies of mostly white women aged 18-45 with mild to moderate degrees of hair loss, the following response to 2% minoxidil was reported:
19% of women reported moderate hair regrowth after using 2% minoxidil for 8 months (19% had moderate regrowth; 40% had minimal regrowth). This compares with 7% of women reporting moderate hair regrowth after using the placebo, the liquid without minoxidil in it, for 8 months (7% had moderate regrowth; 33% had minimal regrowth).
How soon can I expect results from using RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil?
Since normal hair usually grows only 1/2 to 1 inch per month, hair regrowth with RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil also takes time. Results may be seen as early as 2 months with twice daily use. For some women, it may take at least 4 months for results to be seen. If you do not see any results after 4 months, stop using RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil.
When you first begin to use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil, your hair loss may increase temporarily for up to 2 weeks. This is likely a sign that you are getting rid of old hairs in order to regrow more new hairs. This temporary increase in hair loss is expected and is a part of the process for how RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil regrows hair. Remember, this increased hair loss is temporary. However, if it continues after two weeks, see your doctor.
If RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil is working, what will the hair look like?
At first, hair growth is usually soft, downy, colorless hairs (like peach fuzz). After further use, the new hairs should be the same color and thickness as the other hairs on your scalp.
How long do I need to use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil?
If you experience hair regrowth, continued use of RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil is necessary or the hair loss will begin again. Up to 8 months of usage may be needed to see your best results from RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil.
What happens if I completely stop using RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil? Will I keep the new hair?
Continuous use of RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil is needed to maintain hair regrowth. If you stop using RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil, you will lose your newly regrown hair in 3 to 4 months.
How do I use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil?
- For best results, apply 1 mL with applicator 2 times a day directly onto the scalp in the hair loss area.
- Using more or using more often will not improve results. Each bottle should last one month if used as directed.
- Allow time for RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil to dry completely before wearing a hat, or lying on a pillow, etc. RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil may cause staining of clothing or linens if damp on the scalp. When applying RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil at night, be sure to allow 2 to 4 hours to dry completely.
- Never take this product by mouth or apply to other parts of the body.
- Continued use is necessary, or hair loss will begin again.
When do I use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil?
Apply RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil once in the morning and once at night. The nighttime application should occur 2 to 4 hours before going to bed to allow for drying. Each bottle should last one month, if used as directed.
What if I miss a dose or forget to use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil?
If you miss one or two daily doses of RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil, just continue with your next dose. You should not make up for missed doses.
Can I use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil more than twice a day? Will it work faster, better?
No. RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil will not work faster or better if used more than two times a day. Studies have been carefully conducted to determine the correct amount of RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil needed to get the best results. More frequent use or larger doses have not been shown to speed up hair growth and may increase your chance of side effects.
What kind of shampoo should I use with RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil?
It is recommended to use with the full Cap+ Clinical Hair Therapy product line.
Can I use hair sprays, mousses, conditioners, gels, etc.?
Yes. Hair sprays, spritz, or styling aids may be used on your hair while using RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil. For best results, RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil should be allowed to soak into the scalp before using any styling products. Try to develop a good routine of applying RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil first, and then applying styling products and style as usual. Keep in mind that your best results will be seen with proper application.
Can I have my hair colored or permed or use hair relaxers while using RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil?
Yes. We have no evidence that coloring or perming your hair or that the use of relaxers changes the effect of RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil. However, because the use of a permanent wave and hair color can cause scalp irritation on certain people, we recommend the following precautions:
- To avoid possible scalp irritation, you should make sure all of the RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil has been washed off the hair and scalp before using color or perm chemicals.
- For best results, do not apply RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil on the same day that you use a chemical treatment on your hair.
- Do not use RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil for 24 hours after using any chemicals to make sure your scalp has not been irritated by the perm or color treatment. If no irritation occurs, continue use of RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil as usual.
Simply restart your normal RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil routine. There is no need to use more RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil to make up for missed applications. Missing one day of RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil will not affect your hair regrowth results.
Can I apply RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil and wash my hair an hour later?
No. For RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil to work best, you should allow it to stay on the scalp for about 4 hours before washing.
What are the most common side effects with RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil?
The most common side effects are itching and skin irritation of the treated area of the scalp. If scalp irritation continues, stop use and see a doctor. RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil contains alcohol, which will cause burning or irritation of the eyes. If RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil accidentally gets into eyes, rinse with large amounts of cool tap water.
Can RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil produce unwanted hair growth?
Unwanted hair growth on the face and other parts of the body has been reported in women. But it is rare and reversible. If you develop unwanted hair, stop using RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil. Over time, the unwanted hair, if caused by RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil, will go away.