Capillus FAQ: Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions
There are some questions that pop up over and over, so, we've devoted a blog post to answering them for you.
1. Does it hurt to use the laser cap?
No, it doesn’t. It’s completely painless. And now we have redesigned the cap to make it extremely comfortable.
2. Can I fly with my Capillus Laser Cap?
Yes, you can. In fact, we devoted an article specifically to address that question.
3. Do I have to cut my hair to use your laser cap?
No, you don’t. The laser will reach your scalp through your hair in most cases. Discuss this with us if you are concerned.
4. Is the laser cap hot?
No, it’s not. Low-level laser therapy is considered a cold laser. This is unlike the “hot” laser used by surgeons to cut away tissue. The heat given off by your cap is negligible.
5. Does the laser cap work if my hair is blond or grey or red or black?
Yes, it does. To date, research has shown the cap is equally effective with all hair types.
6. Do I need a prescription to buy one of your laser caps?
No, you don’t. Our cap is FDA-cleared as an over-the-counter (OTC) medical device.
7. Is it okay if I use the laser cap with one or more prescription drugs for the treatment of hair loss?
Yes, it is okay. In fact, most people are using a combination of several treatments. Discuss this with your doctor, and discuss it with us if you are concerned.
8. Are there any medical reasons why I would not be able to use a laser cap for my hair regrowth?
That’s impossible for us to answer. We always recommend a thorough physical exam and discussion with your family doctor before starting any kind of hair regrowth treatment. We also have a large network of physicians specializing in treatment for hair loss.
9. Are there other things I can do besides wearing the laser cap to help with hair regrowth?
Yes, there are. We’ve talked about vitamins, pumpkin and pumpkin seeds, eating well, and massage is previous articles. These are all actions you can take to help prevent hair loss and regrow your hair.
Everyone at Capillus wishes you the happiest of holidays and a healthy new year with beautiful hair. If you have any questions about treatment for hair loss or any of our products, we encourage you to call us directly at (844) 280-4680.