Your hair goes through seasonal changes during the year not unlike the changes happening in your garden outside. So, here are some of our recommendations for taking care of your hair this fall.
- Vitamin D. Make sure you’re getting enough vitamin D. In the summer, if you spent lots of time outside, you may have been getting enough vitamin D from the sun, but once the seasons change, you may not get enough. Vitamin D is essential for hair health, so be sure to get enough—which most people don’t.
- Commit to quality hair care. If you passed your time this summer in the sun or swimming in a pool or the ocean, your hair took a beating. Autumn is a great time to start using some quality products on your hair to get it back into great shape for the new year.
- Increase the conditioner. After the harsh summer, the cold, dry winter, and interior forced-air heat will continue to dry out your hair. This is an excellent time to increase your regular application of conditioner.
- Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. A while ago, we told you that eating pumpkin and pumpkin seeds (an autumn favorite) is good for hair health. But you can also put the cooked pumpkin on your hair, which is recommended as a nourishing mask. Plus, it’s possible that your scalp will absorb some of those great nutrients. Be sure to rinse thoroughly if you try it, and be careful that the pumpkin doesn’t clog your shower drain.
- Get a hair trim. If you finished your summer with a bunch of split ends, a good hair trim will take care of that. Also, remember, that some people shed more hair than usual during the fall as your body gets ready for winter, so in general, a haircut is a good idea this time of year. A
- dd a scalp massage to your routine. It sounds crazy, but gently massaging your scalp on a regular basis has been shown in research to help hair growth by stimulating cells in your scalp.
It won’t take much to make your hair look great this fall. A haircut, good hair products, pumpkin, and vitamin D will all help you look great.
Anyone suffering from sudden and significant hair loss should see his or her family doctor, but we are here for you when you’re ready to start treatment for hair loss.
If you have any questions about treatment for hair loss or any of our products, we encourage you to call us directly at (844) 280-4680.