If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from some form of hair loss, your self-esteem and self-image have probably suffered. Losing your hair can feel like losing your identity and, yet, it’s extremely common among adults. Luckily, there’s a fairly simple way to combat baldness: the FDA-cleared Capillus Laser Cap, a baseball cap that makes your hair grow.
“A baseball cap that makes your hair grow?!” We understand your skepticism. But this laser hair growth cap was developed using a long-established science called low-level laser therapy that has been used for decades, and its efficacy is demonstrated.
Hereditary hair loss is a common type of hair loss, which affects more than 80 million men and women in the United States alone. Other forms of hair loss are caused by medical disorders, such as specific types of alopecia, illness, some cancer treatments, childbirth, stress, menopause, and poor diet. In hereditary hair loss, our hair follicles weaken more and more with each hair growth cycle, producing increasingly thinner hair until the follicle dies and is therefore unable to produce hair at all. This is a process called miniaturization.
One of the great things about the Capillus cap is that it works on both males and females. It can be used to address everything from the prevention of balding, to minor pattern baldness and thinning, to extreme cases of hair loss. In this article, we’ll address all of the most common questions and concerns about Capillus. Once you learn how it works and take a look into some of the research, you’ll feel confident trying it for yourself.
How Laser Caps Work
Laser hair growth caps work by stimulating and energizing the cells in the hair follicle to encourage the growth of thicker, suppler, and more durable hair shafts. They also increase blood supply to the hair follicle so that it receives the nutrients required to thrive.
Capillus laser caps are designed using low-level laser treatment (LLLT), which employs low levels of visible or red light (photobiomodulation) to stimulate hair growth. This therapy, derived in 1966 by the Hungarian physician Endre Mester, has since been used for a wide range of applications besides re-growing hair, from chronic pain and headaches to healing ulcers and addressing persistent wounds. Because Capillus devices provide a high density of evenly distributed lasers with little to no gaps in coverage, it results in dense regrowth. Here’s some additional insight into how it works:
In Layman’s Terms: Laser hair growth caps work by delivering the right type of light rays to the hair shaft to the specific depth necessary to stimulate and energize the cells and increase blood supply so they grow thicker, stronger strands of hair.
In Scientist’s Terms: The photon of light deployed during LLLT activates cytochrome c oxidase—a large protein complex known for its function in the synthesis of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the chemical that energizes the growth of hair—and increases mitochondrial electron transport. The complex triggers production of ATP while simultaneously reversing hair follicles from the dormant stage of growth to the active growth or anagen stage.
Capillus laser hair regrowth caps are expertly and precisely developed with three important variables—the shape of the laser beam, the distance to the target, and the pulse width (or the duration of time that the light is emitting), among others. All of these factors are uniquely designed to work together to combat miniaturization, so they will stimulate growth. To put it simply, Capillus caps give the hair follicles and your body the tools required for a healthy hair growth cycle.
The Functions That Aid in Hair Growth
To have healthy, thick, and persistent hair growth, the body needs to be able to support the hair follicle’s ability to grow strong and thick strands of hair. The hair follicles are the foundation for healthy hair. Without thriving well-fed hair follicles, you won’t have thick healthy-looking hair. They must be regularly supplied with nutrients and support during all hair growth phases, especially the anagen phase (when hair is actively growing) and the telogen phase (when the hair is actively shedding). When you wear the Capillus laser cap, three important things happen at once to the hair follicle, resulting in the reversal of the natural miniaturization process:
- Oxygen Availability Increases – Increased blood supply, triggered by the low-level lasers, results in improved oxygen availability and nutrient delivery. In order for the hair follicle to produce actively growing hair, it must have oxygen during the anagen and telogen phases.
- Follicle Hair Cells are Stimulated – One of the primary functions of any laser hair growth device is its ability to stimulate the cells within the hair follicle—but why does cell stimulation matter? Essentially, providing the follicles with stimulation also provides them with essential energy, which they can then use to feed and grow new hair strands.
- Nutrient Delivery Improves – Just like any other process within the body, hair growth is powered by nutrients that are absorbed through the food you eat and then carried through the blood to the parts of the body that need it in order to do their jobs. Our caps improve blood supply to the hair follicle so that it can actively absorb the nutrients necessary for producing stronger, thicker, and shinier strands of hair.
The Proof Is in the Research
Now that you know the mechanisms of the Capillus laser cap, you’re probably saying to yourself: Sure, but does it really work? In order to help you observe results for yourself before you invest in your own, let’s take a look at a few of the studies that have been conducted in order to demonstrate the efficacy of the Capillus hair growth cap and other similar devices.
In one study, published in the June 2017 issue of Dermatologic Surgery, participants who used the Capilus272 Pro showed a 51 percent boost in hair counts after 17 weeks of use. This randomized controlled trial demonstrated that photobiomodulation on the hair follicle and surrounding tissue affects hair loss and triggers a boost in hair counts with prolonged use. This study demonstrates that Capillus laser therapy is a safe and effective way to address female androgenic alopecia.
Another study showed that a low-level laser therapy comb was proven to spur an average increase of about 20 terminal hairs per square centimeter. The randomized double-blind trial tested 122 women and 103 men with androgenetic alopecia (pattern hair loss), showing for the first time that this form of low-level laser therapy can successfully stimulate new hair growth. Additionally, there have been numerous clinical studies proving that there are no side effects from laser therapy and that it’s generally a safe and effective way to treat genetic pattern hair loss.
Why You Should Try It for Yourself
Low-level laser therapy is clearly a promising and relatively simple way to boost hair growth in men and women. That’s part of the reason why there are so many unique LLLT hair growth products to hit the market. So, what makes Capillus stand out from other products? Here are a few reasons why it’s well worth your while to try ours for yourself:
- It’s Safe, Easy, and Pain-Free – Unlike many other forms of hair regrowth treatment, the Capillus laser cap has not been associated with any adverse effects. The clean, painless, and easy-to-use solution is a good alternative to time-consuming and uncomfortable in-office treatments. And, since you can use the device at home or wherever you are, it’s easy to integrate into your everyday life, whether you’re working, reading, or lounging. There are no complicated rules or regimens to follow. In just six minutes a day, you can enjoy pain-free hair regrowth that boosts your self-esteem and makes you feel like yourself again.
- It’s FDA Cleared – The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared Capillus82, Capillus202, CapillusPro (formerly the Capillus272 Pro), and the Capillus272 OfficePro for the promotion of hair growth in those with androgenic alopecia who have Ludwig Savin Scale classifications I-II and in males with androgenic alopecia who have Norwood Hamilton classifications of I-V, and in both genders having Fitzpatrick Skin Types I to IV. This demonstrates that the device is safe and effective for its intended use.
- It Offers Exceptional Coverage – Our Capillus caps works as a spot treatment that treats a multitude of areas on your scalp. With three levels of devices available, ranging from moderate to maximum coverage, you can address your unique level of hair loss based on your specific situation. More lasers mean more coverage, so the higher laser options are best for those with more severe hair loss.
- It’s Made for Quality and Ease of Use – Other laser hair growth devices just don’t offer the same level of quality and convenience as Capillus. All of our hair growth caps are handmade in the United States with top-tier materials sourced from around the world so they serve as a smart, lasting investment. The cap also comes with a lightweight carrying case that lets you take it with you wherever you go and keep it safe while not in use. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack easily slips into your pocket so you can use it as you walk, jog, or do chores.
Ready to give a Capillus cap a go? If the above information wasn’t enough to convince you, feel free to reach out to us and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about our products. There’s nothing to lose, even for the biggest skeptics. Once you give laser hair growth therapy a chance, we’re sure you’ll be sporting your laser cap daily!