Stimulate Dormant Hair Follicle Growth
Active hair follicles go through a natural cycle of growth that includes a period of growth, a period of rest, and then shedding or falling out. If you’ve started to notice thinning in certain areas of your scalp, i.e., your hairline receding or a visible bald spot, it may be part of the normal process or it could be the result of dormant hair. Hair loss occurs when the hair follicles go dormant and are no longer able to produce hair. When an entire area goes dormant your hair begins to look and feel noticeably thinner.
About Dead Hair Follicles
Hair follicles can die from a variety of reasons. Lack of scalp care which may cause damage to the hair follicles, lack of nutrients keeping the hair follicle healthy, and genetic reasons are some of the most common ways that hair follicles can die. Whenever significant damage is done to the hair follicle, it shrinks in a process called miniaturization. As the hair follicle shrinks, it produces thinner until it shrinks to a point where it is unable to produce any new hair - effectively killing the hair follicle.
How to Wake Up Dormant Follicles
It may be possible to promote hair growth by using a few simple techniques. For most hair regrowth options available, it helps to begin treatment before your hair follicle become dormant. To determine an accurate diagnosis consult with your medical provider if you are experiencing unusual hair loss. Here are a few recommended solutions for stimulating hair regrowth:
- Natural Remedy: Massage your scalp with a mixture of almond oil and rosemary and peppermint essential oils. Add three or four drops of peppermint, rosemary, and sage essential oils to a tablespoon of olive oil and massage into your scalp once or twice daily. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, these essential oils may help to stimulate new hair growth when used in scalp massage. However, if you are using minoxidil it is recommended that you consult your health care provider regarding possible interactions between it and any natural topical products you may want to try.
- Medication: Rogaine (minoxidil) is available for men and women in spray form. This medication is used to prevent further hair from thinning, and has even led to hair growth in a small percentage of men. Propecia (finasteride) is an oral drug that is only available for men, and has been found to only work in about 60% of the men who use it. Be sure to talk with your doctor about the potential side effects of Finasteride as they may include irrevocable sexual dysfunction. Treatment with either medication typically takes a year before patients see results.
- Hair Transplant / Hair Restoration Surgery: The procedure removes hairs from dense areas of the scalp and relocates them to areas where hair has been lost. Today techniques are so developed that once you heal, your hair looks completely natural.
- Laser Treatment: Low-laser therapy is used to stimulate hair growth by driving blood to hair follicles. This option is available in dermatologists' and doctors' offices who specialize in hair loss as well as at many hair-loss centers.
How to Stimulate Hair Follicles Naturally
So what can you do to help stimulate hair growth without spending thousands of dollars on medication?
- Massaging your scalp is a very good way stimulate hair growth, however don't get too rough as that may cause some irritations and further damage.
- Try using essential oils in conjunction with scalp massaging to maximize the oils being absorbed by the scalp. Lemon juice may be surprising to hear, but there is proof showing that adding lemon juice to your shampoo before use leads to a healthier scalp.
- Brushing your hair physically stimulates the scalp and can increase blood flow which will deliver more oxygen and nutrients to your hair follicles promoting new hair growth. By rinsing your hair with cool water, you can prevent any damage from the heat to your scalp.
Grow Your Hair with Capillus
These are all ways that you can improve your scalp health, but using all of these with our Capillus cap can help you grow healthier and fuller hair using the power of lasers. Our laser therapy caps are clinically proven to help you stop your hair loss. In just 6 minutes a day, along with any of the recommendations we made above, new hair has never been this easy to attain.