Suffering from losing hair or thinning hair is stressful. Excessive worrying and stress can contribute to increased anxiety resulting in more hair loss. It's a vicious cycle, doomed to repeat itself unless you do something to reduce your stress. Meditation may be an effective hair loss treatment for both men and women. By creating an outlet, meditation can help to reduce the body’s response to tension and stress. in.
Benefits of Meditation
Meditation improves thought processes, increases energy, reduces stress and tension, and restores your hormonal balance. A recent study in the journal of Health Psychology demonstrated a link between increased mediation and decreased levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
Stress and Hair Loss
If stress causes hair loss, it would seem that the reduction of stress would reverse the loss. If only it were that simple. Some hair loss may be related to stress, and, in some cases, it is possible that hair loss could be reversed. But it depends upon the type of hair loss. There is a generally accepted link between high levels of stress and hair loss. Those two types of hair loss that are associated with high stress levels are:
- Telogen Effluvium: The most common form, this type results in faster than normal hair loss all over your head
- Alopecia Areata: This usually involves patchy hair loss, and bald patches approximately the size of a quarter. In extreme cases, alopecia areata may affect all the hair on a person's head, including eyebrows and eyelashes
Meditation to Reduce Hair Loss
Most cases of stress-related hair loss can be reversed. A simple treatment, meditation has shown to reduce stress in both men and women. As little as five to ten minutes of mediation practiced daily can help to reset your emotions, calm your mind, and reduce stress levels, may even help to reduce hair loss.
Tips For Beginners:
- Set aside time each day for practice - start small, in three to five minute increments
- Focus on deep breathing
- Stretch your muscles to begin the process of looking inward
- Let thoughts simply float out of your mind and focus on your breathing
If you are concerned about hair loss, whether you think it's related to stress or not, keep in mind that there are many variations of hair loss, and many medical diagnoses that can lead to hair loss. To learn more about hair loss and regrowth treatment options or to consult with a Capillus specialist in your area click here or call Capillus for more information at (786) 888-6249 or Toll-Free at 1 (888) 272-9599.